Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spain:a good place to have fun!!

What I am going to write here about my country is not probably the most important think about it, but I want to do it. It is true that I could write about many places, cities of Spain, people´s habits, but I am going to write about how Spanish people enjoy the party. J
The reason why I want to do this is because of I am here and I know how American people do it, so I can compare both countries. Another reason is because most American people like to go out and have fun, so I think that if they read what I am going to write they would be fascinated. The last reason is because I love to go out with my friends during the weekends, for listening music, dance and drink something.
The big difference between these countries, in this topic, is the schedule of the clubs. In Spain clubs usually close at 6 am, and here at 2 am. It is a big difference; we have 4 more hours to enjoy the night. I think American people will go “crazy” with this schedule (in the proper sense of the word).
In Spain you could go to a bar or a discotheque every Thursday, Friday and Saturday and spend there 7 hours if you want. But people do not use to do that. For example, I use to go out from 1am to 6am, but here at this time (1 am) bars are almost closing.
Another thing that people from Spain are use to do is, after going out to the clubs, go to eat breakfast, but not just a regular breakfast, you go and eat something called “Churros” and you dip it in hot chocolate, and it is really good. Also the drinks that they give us in Spain are way stronger because they put half alcohol half soda, here is complete opposite, they only put a little of alcohol and like ¾ of soda, and I do not like that. You can smoke into the clubs and nothing wrong happen.
An important think in this issue is that the legal age in Spain is 18 years old, and here are 21. I think it is the most important difference between these countries, because if you are not this age you cannot do all these things. In Spain the legal age for drinking and driving is 18. I do mention of this because it is amazing that in this country the legal age for driving is 16, but the one for drinking are 21.
Having written it appears that Spain does not have “good things”, but it is not true!
I just wanted to explain how I usually enjoy in my life during the weekends, and the differences between my country and United States in this issue. J

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to send the link of this to my sister to read. I think She'll find it interesting information to know about the country that she'll be visiting (she doesn't party, but I think she'd like to understand what will be going on every night while she's there.)

    ReplyDelete