Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dont´t be nervous!

I am usually nervous when something important is going to happen, when I have to take an important decision, or when I am going to do something that is going to change my life. What I am going to write is related with what I am doing here right now, in the United States. The decision that I took few months ago, coming here to study English, so far away from my country, from my whole life.
I always thought that when I had finished my career I was going to travel to another country to study English, but I always thought in England, not in United States. It was this kind of important decision that changed my life, and is still changing it.
When I finished my career in June, I was looking for courses of English around England, but something happened that changed my decision of studying there.
I remember my father and I speaking about travelling here, trying to decide what I was going to do. Few days later, when most things were ready, he came to my room and he told me: You are going to the Unites States, everything is ready. When I heard these words I felt this kind of nerves in my stomach that sometimes scared you, because I was going to leave too much things in less than one month and also because it was not my idea time ago. I was going to travel so far to a new country, having to say good bye to many people, and the worst thing, to my family. I think it was the worst thing, because I hate farewells.
I started to be kind of nervous since this day, and during all this month. The days passed by, and every time it was closer the time for me to leave, so my nerves were getting bigger and bigger. Finally the day arrived, but this day I was less nervous than the last days. When I was at the airport my family said me: Don´t be nervous because everything is going to be good, and it was exactly what happened. Everything that I lived here was awesome, and I realized that I didn´t have to be nervous.
Nowadays I am starting to be nervous again, and sad, but in a different way, because I am leaving for Spain in 15 days. This wonderful experience is going to finish. Now I have to say bye to the wonderful people that I have met here, to all of my friends. I am sad and nervous, but I am going to enjoy the rest of the days, like I did since the first day that I arrived to the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment