Sunday, February 8, 2009

misunderstanding??!!

I am going to write about a stupid experience that I lived when I was 14 years old. Nowadays, I think that it is stupid but in this moment I did not feel that. It was a mistake that one of my friend committed trying to help me. So because of this, I lived a misunderstanding experience in my life.
I travelled with some friends to a city calls Palencia; it is three hours away from Madrid. We went there alone to one of my friend´s house, without parents. It was really fun, because we did whatever we wanted. The misunderstanding happened when we were coming back to Madrid.
In Spain I do not use to take the underground to move into the city or outside the city. The reason is because I had this bad experience when I was young and now I am a little bit “afraid” of moving in this kind of public transportation. When we arrived to the train station in Madrid my trip to come back home did not finish yet. I had to take another train to go to my house that was outside the city. I usually spent it this return going home half an hour, but the time that I spent was almost 3 hours. Are you asking you how it was possible?
The story was the next: When we arrived I asked to my friend about the next train that I had to take, and she told me which one was the train. So when I was into, I started to see in the screen stops that I did not know, but I do not why, I continued my trip in this train with the hope of seeing my stop on the screen. Finally, the train arrived to the final destination: “Alcalá de Henares”, a place about half an hour away from my house. So immediately I called my father, crying and telling him where was I. Also I asked him if he could come to pick me up, but it was so far so I had to take the same train again, but in the opposite direction.
It is probably a stupid story, but it was a misunderstanding during my youth.

1 comment:

  1. These are the kinds of experiences that are hard to get rid of. There are some problems that I have had with technology and make me paranoid in the future.

    ReplyDelete