Monday, January 26, 2009

My grandfather...the most important person in my life!

The person who has the most influence in my life is my father. But I want to write about my grandfather, because he was an excellent person and he also had an important influence in my life.
Unfortunately, he died few months ago, so it is another reason why I want to do that, it is a good way to remember me how important he was. It is really hard to remember it, because I did not feel this horrible sadness since I was a child. Nowadays, it is still hard to remember, but it is “good” at the same time because I had the opportunity to enjoy his company during 23 years.
There are many reasons why I consider him one of the most important people in my life, but the main reason is because he was always worried and attentive of each one of the big family that we are.
He was calling us at every moment, especially to my cousins and me, asking many things without sense. I remember some funny scenes with my cousins about my grandfather´s calls. When we were together in the swimming pool and the phone rang with the name of “el abuelo” in the screen of the cell phone, each of us said: who is going to answer the phone? Me no!! And the one who said that the last, had to answer and spend at least 20 minutes speaking with him, answering questions such as: what are you doing? What did you do yesterday? Who are you with? Who are they? something like this. We did not do that with any kind of wickedness; it was like a jock among my cousins and me. He did this kind of calls especially when some of us were travelling.
Sometime, if more than one person was travelling, he was worried and angry, asking why we had being travelling “all the day”.
Another thing that I remember is that he was always trying to meet the whole family and if there was problem among any members of the family, he tried to fix it. Another particularity of our family is that he invented a whistle to know where we are. For example, if someone was walking in the street, or in the garden, or in any place, and we heard this whistle, we immediately knew that there was a member of the family right there. Even do he is not here, we continue using the whistle.
Of course there are more things which explain why he had the most influence in my life, but I just wanted to write about things that make me happy when I remember.
I am completely sure that he knows the importance that he had for all of us. He is going to be in my thoughts forever.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that you said you had the opportunity to share his company for 23 years. That is a positive and encouraging ways to view sad circumstances.

    ReplyDelete